What a difference a year makes! There have been significant changes in our ministry in 2022. After much prayer and consideration, we decided to serve again in Portugal, a country that we love dearly. Our trip in July confirmed our decision to return. We confidently believe the Lord is opening a unique opportunity where our gifts, passion and burden will be greatly used.
The Lord has uniquely gifted us and has used us in many different ways. We believe that His sovereign purpose in our life has lead us through many experiences that shaped us for this time in our lives. We enthusiastically look forward to our renewed ministry in Portugal and believe that the Lord is opening many opportunities to use what He has given us. Our ministry focus will be to resource local churches in the areas of Biblical Counseling, leadership development and mentoring.
Since October we have been actively getting the word out about our new ministry. We have made over 300 phone calls to churches and pastors. We have met with people in local coffee shops around Ohio while sharing our passion and ministry. Our support team is developing and we are regularly making new contacts. It has been exciting to see how the Lord is working and opening opportunities. We are very thankful to Mogadore Baptist Church for their love and support of our decision. Their generosity has been very encouraging.
- Build Prayer Team – We would like to develop a group of 100 people who would commit to praying daily for us during this pre-field ministry time. Please let me know if you would be willing to join our Prayer Team.
- Build Support Team – We will need to raise $6,200 in monthly support. We believe that we will have secured 25% of our support by the end of January. We are praying earnestly for God to raise up 50% of our support by March 1. Then we look to have 75% by October 1 and to be at full support by January 1, 2024.
- Raise O&P Funds – Besides our monthly support we will need to raise $45,000 to cover Outfit and Passage needs. These funds will be used for the expenses of: setting up our new apartment; purchasing a car; residency documents; plane tickets.
- Fellow – Ken is certified through the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors. It has been strongly recommended that he pursue the next level of counseling certification. In this organization he would be a “Fellow”. It is a long process with many steps and requirements. We feel that it is needed and would facilitate the ministry in Portugal. The goal would be to finish the process before we leave for Portugal.
- Teach 1 Corinthians – Ken is a part of the Adjunct Faculty at Logos Seminary in Sao Paulo, Brazil. He will be teaching this Master’s level course via Zoom March 6-11.
- Presentations – We have set a goal of presenting our ministry in 50 churches, and to 50 individuals.
- Please consider joining our Daily Prayer Team.
- Pray that we would reach our first goal of 50% support by March 1.
- Pray for safety as we travel through this Ohio winter.
- Pray for our ongoing spiritual development as we seek to be more like Christ.
3 thoughts on “2022 Annual Report”
Great news. Laurie and I regularly pray for you and Amy. The Lord also has led me into Biblical Counseling. Will you go with ABWE or another mission?
Hi Chip, we are now serving with Faith Global Missions out of Lafayette, IN.
I can’t find a link for giving.